SO I have a question to all you blogger that are WAY better at this than me (i.e. Chloe, Denae, Kirstin, and whoever else). I really want to change my background of my blog~how do I do that? I tried today to Google sites of different templates, but when it all came down to it~Ashley not know what to do?! SO , oh and also...is there a way to save your links to your friends blogs, and whatever else you have on your blog pages? Please help me. I am getting really addicted to blogging and I want to be as cool as the rest of you.
I actually figured out how to add music to my blog~ I was very proud of myself even though it took me way to long to figure out. I am a bit slow in that area, I think too hard about this kind of stuff and then my brain goes crazy and I start to analyze and then I start to think what it's telling me to do is something different! Crazy and stupid? Yes..I know.
5 comments:
You are hilarious. As for backgrounds, it's a little tricky at first. It took me forever to get there. Your best bet may be to see if you and D-dawg can hook up one day because it's not super easy over email/phone.
For the links, that you can do no problem. There are two things you can do. To get them on your blog, just go to layout, click "Add Page Element" and add a "Link List". This walks you through it, but basically in one box you enter the URL (copy and paste is easiest...make sure you get the http:// in there) and then in the other box you type whatever the name is you want.
The other thing you can do, which has saved me hours upon hours of time (so I'm ont clicking on every blog every day) is to use a reader. If you go to google.com/reader and login, you can "subscribe" to all of the blogs you normally read. Then you login there every day to see who has updated their blogs. It makes it so nice because you know who has and who hasn't so you don't spend ten years clicking on everyone's.
If I were in the area, I'd love to come and help you, but I'm not great if I can't SEE what I'm doing.
P.S. I'll probably be out there (Palo Alto) for about a month this summer, so we totally need to hang out!
Thanks sister! YEs, I see it would probably be for you to come and just do it for me! I think Hillary knows how to do it, but I thought it could be done via email! Oh, well. And yes, let's hang out this summer, I have no plans to go anywhere so we will be here! Let's plan on it!
No real comment from me. I've had Saltines with more flavor and color than my own blog.
Ash, I have an email from someone I can forward you with details on how to get fancy backgrounds. I don't love the fancy one's myself... I just change the color sometimes.. I like mine plain. As far as links go... every time you change your template you have to re-do your links. BIG PAIN I KNOW!!! I'm glad you're loving blogging and definitely need to get the google reader thing. I'll forward you that email.
D
You only have to redo your links if you change your entire template. What I've done is find one that I like, and then I just change elements of it. Much, much easier!
Post a Comment