Thursday, October 9, 2008

Reflecting

I have been catching up on friends blogs and have come across quite a few that have post that have to do with being thankful or reflecting on what they have, etc. So here I am doing the same thing. A lot has happened in the last little while and it's amazing how your life can change directions so quickly.
If you asked me 2 months ago about my life and where it was going I honestly could say I don't know. I mean I KNOW but there wouldn't have been much depth to my answer. I would never have guessed I would be living in the desert for starters!
I am in awe at how if you really rely on the lord and listen to what is next in your life, there is a real peace that comes. I consider myself a pretty happy person, I have a great family and great friends. I have a good job that allows me to still be a full time mom. I am able to provide for my kids. However, there was always this worry I had~that there was never going to be enough...never enough money, never enough food, never enough time, never enough hope! I was always worrying about something and it consumed me. I am the type of person that likes to have everything in place, to have order when and where I can. I was happy on the outside but was worrying on the inside.
It's totally different now, and in only a matter of weeks has my outlook on life and faith in the lord changed. I trust him. I trust in knowing that he WILL ALWAYS take care of me and my family. All i have to do is be faithful and obedient. I don't worry about much anymore. I am secure in knowing that there IS ALWAYS ENOUGH. I am a better mom, a happier wife, and more willing to get out and do things, and meet new people.
I know now and I did before that this is where we are supposed to be at this time. This time in Palm desert will help me grow as a daughter of god and mother and wife. I don't know what will happen tomorrow or next week, and I am okay with that. I feel at peace with my life and am able to focus on my kids more and worry less about making sure the laundry is done and put away. (it's been clean and folded for 4 days and I haven't put it away~and I don't care!)
Well, I feel much better having put this entry on my blog. I still get mad at my kids (including Shane), I still worry (a little), but just knowing that I am not alone anymore and never was helps me focus on my goals and future with my growing family. I love being able to blog and to know that all my close friends are able to share in my thoughts and life. I appreciate all of you and your blogs~sometimes that is all I need to get through a rough day. Just to know that I can see a fun picture or read one of your own entries helps me survive. I hope you all know that I love and adore you. I look forward to years of blogging with you!

2 comments:

Mr. Ricardo said...

Amazing woman with an amazing family. love you guys and miss you much!

SFMiles said...

Hey You! Coming your way soon! Nov.4-9
going to enjoy the good weather!