This is our sweet little boy Cody Richard Losey
So to start I have to say that no pregnancy or labor or delivery is the same as your last. I had my last appointment on March 25th. My doctor checked me and said that I was dilated to 1. Not anything big, but we discussed induction since my due date was that Sunday the 29th. She told me that I could come to the hospital that Sunday evening and we would start the induction. I was happy to finally have a date since our little boy was taking his time coming to this world. It all worked out great since my mom was planning on coming that Saturday as well as my sister Daphne to help watch the girls.
I spent the rest of those few days trying to get things done and planning things for the girls and everything else that goes along with having a baby.
Sunday arrived and my momma was here and we left our cute little house with Nannie and Aunt Daphne watching the girls. Shane and I arrived at the hospital ready to get the show on the road. I was the only induction for the night which was nice and I thought all would go well and we would have a baby by the middle of the night. Well they started me on the pitocin around 7pm and decided to stop it around 9-930. This I was annoyed at cause my doctor didn't really tell me the "plan". they wanted me to sleep for the night and start again in the early morning. Oh well, what are you gonna do....So Shane and my mom went home and came back around 7am. They had started the pitocin a little after 6am, so I was doing well and contractions not too bad at this point.
Moving ahead to around 8am~contractions getting stronger and me glad I had ordered the epidural. As time ticks by, the contractions getting worse and me wondering where my drugs are?!! My nurse came in and checked me and I was a 4-5. About 30 minutes later, I was really feeling the pain and my nurse checked me again and she said "it may be too late." I said "too late for what?" Oh, yes~she was talking about my beloved epidural. I was already dilated to 8! She even asked me if I felt like I needed to push? Once I thought about it~I kind of did need to push. I honestly didn't think I could do it without any drugs~the pain was that intense. The next 20-30 minutes was almost like an out of body experience. I remember really needing to push and someone getting my nurse. Good thing I had told her I had pretty fast deliveries, cause once she saw me she knew we had to go NOW to the delivery room. They made me do those little breathing techniques into Shane's hand to keep me from pushing. My doctor wasn't even there yet and I remember saying over and over that I have to push! Finally my doctor arrived just as I was saying to hell with all of you~I'm pushing! I think I pushed for about 10 minutes and what joy and RELIEF I felt when that sweet little baby was out!
I can't believe that I did it without any drugs~it was such a crazy, fast labor that I really didn't have time to focus on not having anything to help~it just happened. One thing for sure was that it was not fun to have had two epidurals with both my girls first, then to go gung-ho on our third baby. I'm glad I did it now that it is over and he is here.
So this is the story of Cody's arrival~ I look forward to many more postings of Cody and how our growing family is doing. I am off to bed for some much needed rest(if I get it?)
2 comments:
Ash you are a rock start. Cody is so cute and looks so much like his big sis Chey (or at least in the first pic!) Looking forward to hearing more stories and seeing more pics!
Way to go...now you can say you did it natural. Very proud of you. Cody is adorable and we can't wait to meet him. Hopefully sometime this summer. Sending you and your fam all our love.
Post a Comment