Saturday, May 10, 2008

Being a MOM!

Here are the two main reasons I love being a mom. How time flies...It's funny how I used to dream about what it would be like when I became a mother~how I would raise my kids, how cute they would be~how easy i thought it would be~how much fun it would be. Having been given this great gift if motherhood, it has taught me SOO much about life, love, patience, fear, joy, protection, and family. I have been given the 2 most amazing girls. I truly believe that they pick me to be their mom. They knew that by coming to me they would be helping me get back to me heavenly father. It's hasn't been the easiest road, and I am not the perfect mom, but the great thing is that Cheyenne and Shelby LOVE ME NO MATTER WHAT! There have been days (many days) that I am not the nicest mom, I yell and put them on time out, and take things away from them~but at the end of the day they still want to snuggle me and give me kisses.
I am truly blessed to have these girls in my life. I am so grateful for me own mother who taught me about being a mom~thru the good and bad times. I wish I could be as great and understanding as my mom is. I strive to be more like her every day. I always hear her sweet voice in my head telling me to talk sweetly to my girls, to remember that they are little and are still learning. Thank you mom! I
I love being close with my sisters (all 5 of them~sisters in law included). They have all had a great influence in my becoming a mother. It's nice to have them in my life and to know that I can go to any of them for advice or support.
My sweet little Cheyenne~you are a handful! You are the most grown~up 3 year old I have ever met~and you know it! Thank you for always forgiving me and helping with your little sissy. We have our hard times, but I can't imagine my life without you and your sass in it! I hope that I can be the best mom to you and that you know that I will always be there for you no matter what! I love you Cheyenne Kimberly~remember that! My little love bug Shelby~ you have been heaven sent to us. You are such a happy girl, BUT you too have that undeniable sass. You are a strong girl~always standing your ground (or trying to) with your big sis. You are Cheyenne's best friend and she loves you. Thank you for always having a big smile on your face. You have taught your family soo much and I couldn't have asked for a better sister for Cheyenne. Mommy loves you~keep smiling!
AS I come to the close of my mommy's day post, I am reminded of my dear sweet mother in law Kimberly. I never met her, she passed before I even met Shane, but I know that she knows me and she knows the girls. She has given me one of my great gifts in life~my sweet husband Shane. He has so much love for me and for our girls~ I have never seen someone more in love with two little girls then he. They are his world and he is theirs. Thank you Shane for loving your daughters unconditionally. For being strong when I can't be and for making it "all better". They love you and you strive every day to be a better dad and husband~I have seen that in you lately and I thank you for that. I love you more than life and I am so glad that you picked me to be the mother of your children!
I am so filled with gratitude and love, I need to remember that I am a mother chosen to raise children of god, and to teach them about love, repentance, and sacrifice.
Happy Mother's Day!~

2 comments:

Mr. Ricardo said...

Happy Mothers Day

Hillary said...

Great post Ash! Happy belated Mother's day.