Sunday, November 2, 2008

Too tired to title this one!

Okay, so I will post pictures tomorrow of my sweet little Shelby but for now you get the story! I love Sundays~Shane usually goes into work late so that gives us time as a family to play and hang out which I love. Church doesn't start until 1pm so I have the morning to relax and try and be spiritual. Well this morning was starting out the usual way~I was enjoying still being able to be in bed while the girls were playing Play-doh downstairs. Shelby decided to come upstairs and find me. I could hear her coming up the stairs when she started to cry.....now for us moms we know the difference between our kids cries. Well this one I knew was bad. I ran to meet her on the stairs and she was standing there with her eyes closed freaking out. I feel bad cause both Shane and I started yelling at Cheyenne asking what happened, when later I realized that she was still downstairs~sorry chey. I guess she somehow poked her eye~bad. Luckily she had nothing in her hand so I figured it was her finger. (good thing I clipped her nails the night b4). I took her to Shane and we tried to see in her eye. She just wanted me to hold her. Fast forward about a 1/2 hour. She finally fell asleep and we took Shane to work down the street. When I got home she woke up freaking out again~screaming rubbing her eye. I just felt so bad and it's one of the times that you as a mom really can't fix it! I called Shane and told him she wasn't better~so he said take her to urgent care. I put the girls in the car~locked up the dog and headed out. I was still planning on being at Church seeing as it was 1030am. We got to the urgent care by our house only to find out that it was open Mon~Fri! What, I thought urgent care was a 24/7 thing. Called Shane again almost in tears. Got directions to hospital. Found out that hospital has urgent care~WOOHOO! Went and didn't have to wait that long. Doctor said that we need to go to ER cause she thinks she see BLOOD behind Shelby's eye! Yikes! Take golf cart shuttle to ER and sign in. WAIT~Wait~finally we are called. Get put in room, then moved to waiting area, then back to room to see doctor. Doctor finally sees us and says that maybe Shelby has a piece of carpet in her eye? The more I thought about that statement later~it didn't make much sense to me. She didn't pick up a piece of carpet and shove it in her eye, but whatever. Then I have the great job of holding down my sweet little 2 year old while her almost 4 year old sister tries to help calm her. (Chey you are great, thanks for being such a big helper ALL DAY at the ER) We flush out her eye, and get something out (They think). Doctor still thinks Shelby has a scratch on her eye so we get instructions on how to help it heal. Shelby and chey get raspberry sherbet for their brave efforts. BTW~I am starving by this point, it's like 1 or 130. WE have to wait a little longer to make sure that she is doing better. SO far so good. Then we get sent to waiting area to wait for paperwork and discharge. AN HOUR LATER....Shelby has fallen asleep as well as Chey in my lap. Now I am thinking~how am I going to get both of them to the car??!!
Finally we get the OK to go home. Shuttle takes us back car and we drive home, missing church! I was bummed. Shelby had a very traumatizing day so she slept forever! Chey and I grubbed out on mac and cheese and some cereal followed by Halloween candy. I am pooped~I can't even tell if this entry made sense, but I had to document our first trip to the ER in our new place of residence!
She is doing much better tonight, she is almost back to her cute, spunky little self! Now I must go and check on her and make sure she is okay. (it's a OCD mom thing). Like I said I love Sunday's and I am really looking forward to next week and a more relaxing Sunday for me! Good Nite!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

you blog as fast as you talk! give her a kiss for me! Post pics soon! love you guys!

Samantha said...

Oh, my goodness you poor thing! Poor Shelby! I hope her little eye feels better soon, it is no fun! Congrats on the little growing one inside you! Love the pics! I hope we can come and visit you guys soon.